Saturday, October 18, 2008

So Sleepy!

My Paige is one of those kids that has to have a nap or everyone suffers. This picture was taken a few weeks ago but it reminded me of how ornery she has been the last few days. Most of us in my house have been sick this past week, its pretty much a crappy head cold but with the added benefits of body aches, cold chills, and a slight fever. So the Henderson house has not been a happy one. Paige and Drew have both been sick, so the whining and crying has doubled. I have been sick so that makes it ten times worse to deal with when all you want to do it sit and not be disturbed. Anyways I was looking at my pictures and saw this one, it was a crazy day when Paige missed her nap and was so mad. Shes a feisty little thing but when shes missed her nap its Princess Pest of the World! When you are a parent you weigh your options in a time like this, option 1 is you put them to bed early hoping that they don't wake up at 9 or 10 well rested and not go back to bed until 1 a.m. or wake up at 4 in the morning ready for the day. Option 2 is you deal with the fury of a toddler with no sleep for as along as you can stand and try to keep them up until closer to their bedtime so the next day will hopefully be business as usual and you will definitely make sure they don't miss their nap. I chose to keep her up, 1 major reason was that she needed dinner the other was that she shares a room with her brother and if shes up at 1 or 4 then so is he. Well she stayed up half way through her spaghetti, managing to get some on her face before she fell asleep. Of course I had to take a picture, I only wish I had a before shot to show you how mad she had been. So the past week, by the end of every day I have been so so so ready (that's 3 so's) to have all my kids in bed so I can just sit, not change diapers, not get milk, not listen to tattling, crying, whining, fighting, or anything of that sort. Then I look through pictures and see how sweet they really are and I tell Justin stories of what happened during the day when I was so mad and now cant get through the story because I am laughing so hard. I realize that even with all the chaos and crazy there is no place I would rather be. I have the best kids, and I know Justin will remind me of this post when I am printing out KIDS FOR SALE signs on another crazy day that is sure to come. Right now I just feel blessed, I worked while Haylie and Morgan were little and feel like I missed a lot and I am so glad that I can be home now with my babies everyday and be the one to hear their first words, and to see them walk, and to get them milk and hold them when they are sick. I love being here when the girls get home being able to hear about their day. So even during days when my kids are turds I need to cherish those moments, as well as the cute sleeping pig tails in the high chair moments and remember how grateful I am for every moment I have with my family. I know I am a sap, but there has been so much going on in the world and so much on my mind its good to stop and remember what is really important, or the most important and that is of course, Family.



1 comments:

Janet said...

What a sweet post! And such a special family. Paige is beautiful - even with spaghetti on her face. Can't wait to see them all. Hope you're feeling better.