Thursday, October 2, 2008

look what I can Do...

On September 17th, thanks to Becca, I canned/bottled for the very first time. I am very proud of it, I feel that I have very few homemaking talents and have always admired those who can bake, cook, bottle, garden, keep their house clean, you know, the usual stuff. So when Becca offered to show me how I jumped at the chance and bottled peaches. I have to admit that it was not as hard as I thought it would be but it does take a lot of time. I know that the next time I do it I will need some assistance but maybe one day I will be a super canner like so many lady's I know. I even have some garden and fruit trees plans brewing, scary, but it could happen. I have 1 acre of ground that needs to be landscaped I might as well make it into something useful and delicious. My friend Yolanda is a domestic diva as well so between her and Becca (and maybe my sister and brother-in-law, Joni and Steve) my options of canning and the things that I can learn are endless. So thank you Becca, you rule!
P.S. I know my picture is hot! but I needed to show proof or some of you might not believe that I actually canned.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Congrats!! Next time, we should get together with Yolanda and have her help us (because I, also, am absolutely clueless, and honestly, would never do it by myself). Way to go, Nat!

MELANIE said...

becca does rule and your picture is hot. nice work ladies.