Monday, November 24, 2008

"Drive" Wanted

I don't think I am a lazy person or a flake for that matter, but lately I feel like I have no "drive."
I am a fairly on the ball person, my house could be cleaner but I have 4 kids which means that there is always a mess some where. What I am talking about is the desire to accomplish/do stuff. I made a list and have 17 unfinished craft projects, some of them are very close to being done but they just sit, a couple hrs and I could have 16 projects to finish. I have things to organize, things to put away, Christmas is coming and I am usually done shopping now and I have not started. I have been a slacker on my house, laundry, exercise, and I was just wondering where I could get some "drive." I think about doing stuff but I don't. I need a swift kick in the pants or some of that 5hr energy stuff. Take some in the morning and maybe I can get something done. I know the grass always looks greener on the other side but I see women in the morning walking or running, in the freezing cold, up hill and as much as I am impressed by them I want to hit them with my car. Then I go to the grocery store at 9ish after I drop Drew off at preschool and there are women dressed all nice with their hair done and makeup on. I think "WOW, what time did you get up?" Right now its 5:30pm and I have yet to shower. I want to be one of those lady's with "drive" so if any of you on the ball women have any hints out there I would love it. Tell me where do I find "drive"?

7 comments:

Bnut's Bible said...

Look no further for a good example than here. We all know I'm the man and accomplish more than most mortals. In fact, I accomplish more than most immortals. Just pattern your life after the good preacher here and all will be well. Peace out!

Bnut's Bible said...

And who ever looks better than me?

Janet said...

Tho I can't beat Bnut's advice, oftentimes if you give yourself an initial push, the momentum will move you forward (an object in motion stays in motion). Start with something that could possibly excite you. Failing that, try the Doctor (pepper). Good luck!

KatandBlue said...

Nike knows its stuff with "Just Do It". When I feel like you are now (which is a lot lately!) I just make myself get up and JUST DO IT. Whatever "it" may be, and suddenly you are proud of your first small accomplishment and WANT to do more. Unfortunately, most of any "drive" has to come from you. And I also rely heavily on Loud Music and Frosty Beverages!

Sandra said...

When you find it, send some my way, won't you?!

Amber said...

I feel the same way sometimes. Okay... pretty much all the time. I see mom's take their kids to school all ready for the day and I'm just wanting to crawl out of bed. This week has been especially bad for me because it is Thanksgiving and we are having it at my house and I have yet to clean!!!! I told my husband, "oh well" the cousins are coming tomorrow and they are just going to mess it up anyway so why does it need cleaned today??? Once you give yourself time you will be ready to get up and get going again. If not... I live close enough to kick you in the butt!!! Only if you promise to kick me too when I feel the same way. Good Luck!!

Bennett Family said...

Wow Jared that was some nice advice....way to boost up somebody's day!!! Wait, don't I live with you???