Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Fun!!!

Halloween is such a busy time there is always so much going on, it seems like the festivities last for days (which for me is just fine). So our craziness started Thursday when Drew's preschool had their Costume Parade. This is Drew with Emery. Drew insisted on holding her hand, I thought it was very cute. These two usually get along great. I have only witnessed a couple of time when they fight but normally they are pals.

This is Drew and Emery with their class. I wonder if any of the 18 parents with cameras got all the kids looking forward at the same time.

Later that night we carved our pumpkins. Drew wanted a happy pumpkin and this is what we ended up with. He actually pulled a bunch of the guts out himself but he thought it was gross.


Morgan thought the guts were gross as well, but it did not stop her from squishing them in her fingers for a 'Morgan pose'.

Haylie did what I did and wore gloves. The guts make my hands sting and itch, I think Haylie just wanted to stay clean.

I posted this picture for a couple of reasons. One reason is just because it is the the cutest picture ever (do you think Paige loves her daddy?) and the other is because it 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is on in the back ground. One of our traditions is to watch it all through October, but always while we are carving Pumpkins.

These are our masterpieces. They are hard to see but they looked great.

Halloween was a crazy day. I did a lot of running around doing random errands but at 2:30 Morgan had her costume Parade at school. She is a Rock Star! Yes, Morgan likes to Pose.

This is Larry the Cable Guy a little tired of Trick or Treating. We went to my brothers house and walked around his neighborhood. We had to of gone for miles Drew was so tired and we had to keep emptying his bucket into the pockets of the stroller because it was to heavy for him. The girls were actually glad to be done. When we finally made it back to J's I did not hear any complaints, they were all so tired. After Trick or Treating we went to a party at our friend Sandra's house. I thought we would only be able to stay a minute because our babies were so tired but they were happy to be there and we got to stay and hang out a while.

This is all the kids at the Salem Park. Some of the Salem business owners did booths with candy so kids could go to the park and do some Trick or Treating. We went to support Sequoia Motor Sports, of course. It was crazy, a huge line, so many kids, but it was fun though and I loved seeing all the costumes. We did this before we went to J's to trick or treat. Drew is Speed Racer, Morgan is a Rock Star, Paige is a Pumpkin Fairy, and Haylie is a witch. I have to do a quick shout out, I did not get a picture of it but at the very end of Woodland Hills drive is a horse pasture. I have no clue who owns it but in the pasture is an all black horse and on Halloween he/she painted white bones on his/her horse and it looked like a horse skeleton. I was so mad I did not have my camera with me, it was so cool. I think I am a Halloween nut but I have never bought my pets costumes. Who ever this random Halloween/Horse enthusiast is I think they rock, so thanks random person you made me happy. I am so sad the season is over and am going to hate packing away my decorations. My house is going to look so bare. Til next year, Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are definitely a halloween enthusiast. Your costumes are darling. I'm not much for dressing up, I just like to dress everyone else up. I hope with all the halloween fun you have had time to read, I'm a little behind.

Sandra said...

Love all the pics! And we're glad you could stay for more than a few mintues! It was fun!

. said...

What a cute family. Millissa

MELANIE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MELANIE said...

I will miss Halloween with you. But I am already looking foward to next year :) You have agreed to do so much work for me........I'll have to find a good way to repay you!

Janet said...

Fun hearing about your Halloween & way cute pictures. Also that is one WAY happy pumpkin.