Sunday, November 16, 2008

7 Random Things

I was tagged by Melanie to post 7 random things about me. Since everyone knows what a freak I am about Halloween I will just leave that one out. Also, I am a list writer but that is also well known so that will also be left out.

  1. I have a weird weakness for office supplies and plastic storage containers. I love folders, notebooks, paper clips, sticky notes,and especially pens and markers. I loved colored ink, I see a pack of Sharpies or pens and it takes a whole lot of will power to not buy some when ever I see them. Staples is heaven. As for plastic containers, who doesn't love a neatly stacked pile of plastic storage containers? I do not feel like I am a real organized person, but buying PSC give me the illusion of being that way. I love dividing stuff into PSC it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Plus they have starting making them in a lot of fun colors which makes them that much more appealing to me. I do love all organizational containers but PSC are my favorite.
  2. Nothing beats the high I get when I do something creative and like the finished project. It doesn't matter if its crafts, sewing, scrap booking, quilting, decorating, drawing, painting, making jewelry, or any thing else. I love getting an idea, figuring out how to make/do/build whatever it is at the time, finishing it and seeing what I just did. On the other hand it is a huge let down for me when I go through my creation process and do not love my results. Usually I can figure out a way to change it and make whatever I am doing better so most of the time things are OK. The feeling I get when I make something I love is hard to beat.
  3. I dance and sing around the house all day. I am a horrible dancer and an even worse singer but I love it and my babies love it. I make up stupid songs to sing to them, or we sing songs from their shows, or we have actual music on and sing and dance around. Drew and Paige both join in and they think its great. We have some favorites and Drew makes sure we never miss when they are on.
  4. I know this may come as a shock to some of you but I have no style! I have not liked the way I look for so long and as a result have not really cared about what I wear or what I do with my hair and makeup. I am a perfect candidate for the T.V. show "What not to Wear." I have also realized that if I do ever achieve a body I want to dress I am not sure where to even start. Becca says that everything I need is at Buckle so I will probably start there. Honestly though, what do 30ish women wear? I see teenage styles and Granny styles what is the happy in between?
  5. I hate ceiling fans! Not necessarily the looks of them, but who wants wind inside the house? I thought it was a contact thing and I was just annoyed because they dried out my eyes. Now that I have had lasik I realized that my hate toward them goes a lot deeper than dry eyes. The noise they make (especially if its a cheap one) drives me crazy! I cant help but concentrate on it and it just seems to get louder and louder. Then the wind, seriously, I stay inside so my hair wont blow in my eyes. I know that they are sometimes handy especially when its hot and they to help circulate air and all that, but I really cant stand them!
  6. This one is a little personal but has really been on my mind lately. I am terrified to try to run again. Last year when I started training for the 1/2 marathon I got stress fractures in both my legs. At first I just figured it was the usual pains people get when they are doing something new. After a while I noticed that it was getting worse and some times so painful that I couldn't physically make myself run another step. I went to a doctor and was given exercises and stretches to do to prevent it from happening again but was told I could not run for a while. "Let pain be my guide" was what he said. So now its been a while and I am itching to start again. As much as I complained about running I loved it, and even though I started at the very bottom and my improvement was not much compared to most I was proud of what I was doing and was so disappointed when I had to stop. It was a huge let down for me on so many levels and I guess I don't want to be disappointed again.
  7. I love ghost stories! I don't have a strong opinion on if they exist or not. I have been told stories by some people who I have never known to lie but have never encountered any thing myself. I guess anythings possible but I love watching shows like Haunted History, Americas Most Haunted, Haunted Travels, my favorite show I cant remember the name of but the guys call themselves TAPS. I don't know why I am so intrigued, I cant help it. They are a mystery and I never know what to think when the shows end. Are these people nuts? are there a lot of pranksters? are there ghosts? is that an orb or just dust on that photograph? I just don't know.

I asked Justin for some ideas and he could not think of much so maybe I am not so weird. He said to put something about how I am always reading, or how for some reason when I am pregnant I always move furniture around, or how I secretly want to hunt all the time (yea right, he wishes) but I went with my other ideas they seemed more interesting.

I tag Lisa, Becca, Jared, Sandra, and Yolanda (another atempt to get her blogging again)

4 comments:

Amber said...

your random things are cool. I still can't think of anything.

MELANIE said...

So I didn't know #3 or #5 (see how you learn stuff by doing tags?). Your acronyms are also quite random and should have made the list. I wonder if there are any PSC at the PTC?

KatandBlue said...

I too love lists, PSC, and office supplies. No wonder we get a long so well! And as for #4 on your list, I totally agree! What the heck are fairly-attractive-30-something-women supposed to wear these days?! And then if you're like me, you have to add the budget in there, and you're really screwed!! I love you lots Nat! Glad to get to know you better through randomness...

Unknown said...

It is fun to read your randomness and get to know more about you. I totally agree with your ceiling fan issue.