Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring?

Is this a sign of spring or is mother nature just messing with me? Yesterday this bee appeared on my back window and sat there all day long. Then Justin's parents have had a Caterpillar crawling around their front porch the last few days. I know that we are supposed to have 6 more weeks of winter (according to ground hog Phil), but bees don't come out in the winter. I don't know about you but I think the ground hog is a very unreliable source for weather forecasts. 1- its a rodent, 2- its kept in a cage, and anything locked up for to long has the tendency to go crazy, 3-it cant be in tune with nature when its not in the wild surviving on its own and finding its own food (by the size of him I have no doubt that he eats better than most the population), 4-Phil is probably scared out of his fur, when he finally gets out of his cage there are hundreds of people staring at him expecting him, a ground hog, to predict the weather, that's a lot to ask of an unstable rodent (personally I'd do anything to be put back in my cage, shadow, no shadow, who gives a crap put me in my cage). I am hoping that spring is sooner that later, I am tired of cold and sickness, I'm tired of being stuck indoors, I'm tired of bundling and unbundling my kids every time I leave the house, and most important I want to wear flip-flops. So I think I'll take the bee as a sign of spring coming and try not think of it as some sci-fi wonder bee that was scouting out a new location for his summer home. Hurry spring!

4 comments:

. said...

All I can say Natalie is... You crack me up. Millissa

Janet said...

This was so hilarious. Who needs to pressure cook when one is so clever. Everything you said is so true, including the part about Phil being a particularly porky groundhog. I too intend to ignore him from now on.

Sandra said...

I'm with you! Totally ready for my sandals! Kent told me today he doesn't think it will snow anymore this winter (or so he wishes). Maybe....that would be awesome, wouldn't it?!

KatandBlue said...

Screw winter! i have pulled off the socks and put back on the toe rings (and the flip flops!) Sorry you're up there with all the snow. The snow at my house has finally cleared!