Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Remember the Drive-in movie?

Paige and Drew are always playing with our laundry baskets, sometimes they use them to reach something that they are not supposed to have but usually they just pull a bunch of toys around or sit in them. This day they were cars, so I made them more comfortable for them and put on a movie so they could watch it from their cars. They both had fun and actually sat in them for almost the entire movie. I got thinking though and decided that I miss the drive-in movie. True they were always kind of dirty and the sound was horrible, but they were always a good time. I remember going as a little girl and my aunt Susie would pop tons of popcorn and separate it into individual brown bags for us. We were not given them until after the entrance of course because you were not supposed to bring in your own treats. Seriously though, who didn't sneak in treats? You have not a purse, or a coat pocket, but a trunk! Anyways, when I became a parent we used to take Haylie and even Morgan a time or two before they closed down and turned into houses. I liked the fact that we could watch a movie as a family and the kids that normally don't sit to well during a movie could wiggle and even talk a bit and it was not a major annoyance for the person in the chair next to you. It was relaxed and even more relaxing when the kids finally fell asleep. So this is Paige and Drew at the Drive-in movie, playing that day was Lilo and Stitch.

Are there any more Drive-in movies left? Do they still exist? If you've seen one let me know I think everyone should go at least once, other wise Grease might be confusing. We cant have that!

5 comments:

KatandBlue said...

I love it! You are such a creative mom! I as well miss drive ins. Oh, the good ole days! How much did this drive in cost?

Unknown said...

What a fun mom you are! I have heard there is still a drive in theater in ogden.

Sandra said...

Love the pictures! And I miss drive-in movies, too!

Janet said...

They look so cute. You are a great Mom!

Tavis Johnson said...

That is SO cute!! Love the heck out of those two! You are a fun and creative momma. -les