Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Drews Christmas preschool program

On the day of Drew's very first preschool program he woke up on the wrong side of McQueen (he has a lightening McQueen race car bed). Of all days to be ornery and not wake up his happy usual self it was the day of his program. He did not want to take a bath but I made him, and after his bath he thought it was stupid that I put him back in pajamas (he was supposed to wear them for his program). I should of not fought it, not worried about the bath, then the entire pajama thing would not of been a thing, but I did, and it may or may not of made a difference to the outcome of the program, that I will never know but next time I will know better just in case. To continue with the sad story I took him to his program knowing he was mad but played his music we had been practicing for two weeks thinking by the time we got there he would be over it. Well, he was no longer mad but he still wanted nothing to do with his program. He sat next to me in a chair and would not move (normally we could not keep him in a chair, anyone that has been with Drew for more than 2 minutes knows this). Justin and I tried everything we could think of to convince (by convince I mean bribe) him to go on stage with his class. Nothing worked, not a 4wheeler ride, not a treat, not his own pop, not a new car, not even 50 bucks (not like he really knows what that means but I tried it anyways). He would just answer by saying "I just want to sit by you" So Drew refused to participate in his program which was sad but some kids just wont do it and that's OK. That day Drew was one of those kids, but we did get to watch Paige.

Paige went to the stage, in front of everyone and danced, and hopped, and waved her arms when the kids on stage did. She wanted to be on stage with Drew's preschool class. Drew did not perform but Paige did so it was still worth the snowy trip. Then when the program was over Santa came as a suprise to see the kids.

Before I knew it Paige had walked over by herself and climbed on Santa's lap. Shes not scared, she'll dance in her brothers program and jump on a strangers lap, no problem. That's Paige though, one I have to look out for because shes not afraid of strangers. Paige got a candy cane after she sat on Santa lap and went back two more times thinking she'd get more and cried when we tried to get her to leave.

Drew on the other hand did not want to see Santa. I got him close twice and he chickened out. After a lot of coaxing and telling him that Santa had a treat for him but he could not get it unless he sat on Santa's lap, he finally did. Normally I would not of cared if he sat on his lap or not but I wanted a picture. So anyways, our first program did not go as we hoped but what can you do? Maybe next time.

0 comments: