Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boogers!

I think I am going to have to hand in my 'I am a tough mom' membership card. I have been a mother for over 13 years now I have endured all sorts of disgusting things that comes with the territory of having children. I have been urinated on, pooped on, vomited on, sneezed on, coughed on, bleed on, you name it I have been in the path of it. I thought it would get easier over the years but I am having a rough time. It is all horrible and I know you just deal with it, change your shirt, take a shower, antibacterial wipes, whatever works and I have been dealing with it for years like every other mom in the world. So what has brought me to the edge is that Drew and Paige have been sick for weeks now and finally seem to be on the mend but every time I have to wipe their noses its all I can do to not gag and heave right in their faces. I seriously have to talk my self through it "just wipe it, throw it away, wash your hands, get it over with" I have done it so many times and its not getting easier for me. I know that I would rather wipe it then have to watch it dripping out of their noses into their mouths or down their face, or the worst is having Paiges hair all covered in it sticking to her face. I also hate it when they try to deal with it themselves and they wipe it on their sleeves, their bare arms, the couch, my bedding, their blankets, or my shirt (which happens a lot). So those things alone give me courage to wipe the dreaded snot of my children but still, it makes me sick. I should be better at this after 13 years but I am not so I am handing in my badge. Instead of my button saying "I am a tough mom" it will simply say "mom" or even better "mom that gags when she sees boogers".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally have an aversion to all bodily fluids. Snot is definitely one of the worst and it never goes away.

MELANIE said...

This is Lance. I am laughing my butt off, and my boogers out. Deklin will sneeze out a big thick dark greenish/brownish booger. No reaction except to try and get it before it gets on my shirt. I can't believe that with all the dead animal business at your casa the boogers are the ones that gross you out. Hilarious!!!!

Amber said...

You make me laugh so hard!!! Have you ever thought about writing For the Salem Paper??? You would be hilarious!! Thanks for making me laugh today and sorry about the boogers!!!

Bnut's Bible said...

Becca just uses her fingers, no tissue needed half the time. Pretty gross though.