Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Tag from Melanie

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the gift (size, shape, half box, cant find a box that will fit it in to wrap it) but I hate crappy wrapping paper it ruins everything!
  2. Real tree or artificial? we were real tree people until 3 years ago. We had a couple of very disappointing years not finding the perfect tree and paying way to much for a junky one so we bought a fake prelit tree and love it.
  3. When do you put up the tree? It varies, this year it did not happen until the middle of the month but I would like to put it up after thanksgiving or at least the first week of Dec.
  4. When do you take it down? That varies as well, after Christmas I am done with the mess and the clutter but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to it.
  5. Do you like egg nog? Yes, but I have to dilute it with rum, I mean milk. Drew loves it and calls it Race Frog, I am not sure where that came from but its stuck.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? My dad built me a Barbie Dream House, I still have it and its awesome.
  7. Easiest person to buy for? Paige and Drew, kids love everything
  8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes I have the little people one and part of the Willow tree one.
  9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course, but I did not get to them this year, I am a slacker!
  10. Worst Christmas present ever received? I will not say so I don't hurt feelings, but Lisa knows because she got one too.
  11. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown Christmas, and Albert Finny Scrooge it was on T.V. today and I loved it.
  12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It used to be July, but the past couple of years its been after I get done with Haylie and Morgans Birthdays in Nov.
  13. Ever recycled a Christmas Present? Nope
  14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Yolandas almond roca, but we have started a fondue tradition and that rules.
  15. Lights on tree? does anyone not do lights? I think no lights on a tree would be lame.
  16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes
  17. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Clause it coming to town by Bruce Springsteen
  18. Travel or stay home? There's no place like home for the holidays.
  19. Angel or star on top of tree? When Haylie was a baby we bought her a Winnie the Pooh in a angel outfit tree topper and we still use it.
  20. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do the 1 present Christmas Eve which is always p.j's everything else is Christmas morning.
  21. Favorite Christmas Tradition? I love our parties we do one or two with family and one with friends.
  22. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? My tree has everything, the first year we were married I made some. I was in an ornament exchange with my neighbors when I lived in Spanish Fork and got a bunch. Of course all the ones from my kids that are the junkiest but the best ones I have.
  23. Favorite Christmas dinner? Lets say breakfast, every Christmas morning we go to Justins parents and his mom makes us a crepe breakfast, it is a tradition and the best Christmas meal.
  24. What do you want for Christmas this year? World Peace.

I tag Becca, Lisa, Yolanda, and Sandra

5 comments:

MELANIE said...

That is Bruce Springsteen's most constipated song!

nataliejustin said...

Constipated?

MELANIE said...

Doesn't he sound like he's trying to poop to you?

nataliejustin said...

ok, you're right but there is nothing wrong with a good healthy dump.

. said...

I'm still up cleaning my house,and decided to take a break. I am totally laughing. Glad I took a break! Millissa