Friday, March 21, 2008

Mim


Our cat, we have had Mim for years. The funny thing about Mim is that he knows when you are feeling down. I remember many times when I or my kids have been sick and Mim was always right there. He spent so much time on my bed when I was pregnant with Paige, I remember him following Morgan around when she had the flu. The last time Drew had the flu he would not leave him alone. I remember thinking whats up with the cat hes wanting a lot of attention then I realized that it had been us that he had giving attention to. Thursday after my grandpas funeral my kids and I were all hanging out in my room and Mim came in and was bothering all of us. I took this picture thinking it was funny and that Mim just wanted to watch T.V. with us. I thought it would be a funny post but when I loaded it and looked at the picture I realized that Mim new that we had a sad day and was there to comfort us. I know how crazy this sounds and I am not some cat freak but if you live with Mim you know that hes always in your face when you feel like junk. Until now I thought it was mainly sickness but it seems that he can also sence sadness. So yes, I know, what a nut, Natalie really is a loon, I'd just like to say be kind to your furry friends and leave it there.

5 comments:

MELANIE said...

you are totally a crazy animal lady. Oh, wait......

Janet said...

What you say is a proven fact - as your observations can attest - so you are not crazy. Heavenly Father created domestic animals for multiple purposes. That picture is priceless. We love you Morgan (and Mim for trying to comfort you).

Janet said...

I totally agree, so if you're loony, then I am, too. When Grandma was dying, Bob (the cat) laid against her legs for days and only left a few times for a few minutes. Once her liver failed, Bob left and didn't come back, like he knew she didn't need him any more. Nathan actually found a study that said cats take negative energy from people, and that's why they do exactly what you described. That's also why they have cats in some care centers. Thanks for sharing! And I loved your comments about Grandpa, since he's my dad. And for you other people reading this, the Grandma mentioned above is the wife of Grandpa who just died. Love ya lots! Auntie Nita

Sandra said...

You're not crazy, and I'm very glad you have Mim!

Tavis Johnson said...

It is pretty neat that he can sense your feelings. Bless Morgan's little heart, and all of yours. -leslie