Friday, August 29, 2008

Run for our sons!!

Justin left to California for the PPMD Disneyland 1/2 marathon fundraiser with the older girls 3 hours ago. I felt that Drew would, even though hes doing a lot better, be miserable traveling. Hes not quite better so I stayed home with him and Paige.
It started out as all of us going to run but has not ended up that way. When I first agreed to do the race I thought, ok I will do it but it will be a miracle if I can finish. Then after a few weeks of training I thought well its a long shot but it might be possible. Then after a few more weeks I realized that the pains in my legs were more than just your standard running pains, so I went to the Dr. and had stress fractures in both legs. That put my training to a stop, which after a few glimpses of thinking that it might be possible to race was pretty disappointing. Now with Drew sick I think maybe it has all been a blessing in disguise, and that there were reasons why I shouldn't run this race. Anyways, its all for a great cause and I am happy for everyone who is running. So teamkentz I will be thinking of you and cheering from Utah, Go hunny! Go Yolanda! Go Brent! (stay hydrated)!! Go Victor! Go everyone else on teamkentz! and good luck with all the kids Sandra! I love you all good luck and have an awesome trip! Hopefully I can run with you next time! GO TEAMKENTZ!!!!!

3 comments:

MELANIE said...

is it too late to donate somehow?

nataliejustin said...

I dont know, I think it went through the weekend but I am not sure about now.

Sandra said...

We had a great time! Wish you could have been there! I will send you pictures shortly! And YES, you can still donate!! They said they'll be taking donations on the website at least through this week!!