Friday, August 8, 2008

Dominican Republic

Justin and I recently went on a trip to the Dominican Republic with some friends. I missed the kids terribly but besides a little sea sickness and a few parasites it was a fun and eventful trip. We have tons of pictures but I just picked out some of my favorites to show some of the stuff that we did.

This is the Punta Cana airport. When I first looked out the window of the plane I thought it was funny that the airport roof was made of grass. I found out later that a lot of roofs are made of grass but I still think that it is interesting to see.

This is part of our resort, actually this is the pool that we spent most of our time in. There were pools everywhere but we spent most of our time in this one. This entire pool is 7 or 8 ft deep so since we could not stand in it, all our time we spent in this pool we considered it exercise.


This is also our resort with our pretty beach in the background. While we were there they had a wedding at this gazebo. All the guests had chairs in the sand and the majority of the women we saw were in high heels, I bet they had fun.



This was after our deep sea fishing trip (you can see our fish in the background). Justin, Louisa, and Yolanda spent most of the trip hanging over the side of the boat. I on the other hand have more will power than I thought and was able to keep myself from throwing up. I can say I've been deep sea fishing now, but I have no desire to do it again.




I liked these orange trees, this was at out resort and we had to stop for a quick photo shoot.





This was just over from our resort right before our 4 wheeler excursion. The ride was really fun, even though we broke down, ran out of gas, had the broken down 4 wheeler stolen (we ended up finding it), and broke down again, it was really fun and we got to see a lot of cool things.






Banana spider webs, we never saw a spider but there webs were creepy so I had to take a picture.







This is a town we went through on our 4 wheeler ride, pretty crazy!








This is just a basic house, as we rode through the town all the houses had kids hanging out the doors and sitting on the porches. A bunch of the kids in town ran after us asking for money and our hats. You can never have to many dollar bills.









This is Catalina Island, its like a national park, no one lives on the island but its set up with pavilions, bathrooms, beach chairs, and everything you would need to spend the day. We went snorkeling here then after we went and layed around at the beach and the excursion people made a big lunch.










This was my few when I looked up from my beach chair, pretty cool!











After we went snorkeling we went to this place. I am not sure what it is exactly but they had shops and a huge out door theater. It was beautiful it was like something out of a storybook.












This is at the same place, they told us that they filmed parts of Rambo and King Kong here. I thought it would be a perfect location for Tavises photos, a few thousand miles out of the way but other than that...perfect.













This is the theater.














3 Amigos. Its was a fun trip and a interesting place to vacation. I cant wait to scrap all my pictures.















2 comments:

Janet said...

What a fantasy come true. I love these pics & can't wait to see the rest. So glad you had fun. Sigh!!!

Sandra said...

Awesome pictures!! Next time, we'll hopefully be with you!