Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pros and cons

So as you all know we have moved again. We are living in the 6th residence since our marriage 13 years ago. Our last house was supposed to be our final move, a place to grow roots, well life is full of suprises and so here we are 18 days in house #6. At first I was really bummed about moving I liked our old location, I liked how close we were to the school and church, I loved the pool but even though I did not know which house we were going to I got used to the idea. With Drew being so sick and me needing to stay close to him, I had alot of opportunity to sit and take in my surroundings and I decided that I think I will like it here. There has been no snow yet so I am still in good spirits my thoughts may change in three months but for now I like it. So during my pondering time I have been thinking of the pros and cons between this house and the last and decided to make a list about the tings i like and the things I dont (I love lists). As I said my thoughts my change, but for today Aug 29th, 2008 this is my list...Pros

  • The View, I can see forever
  • Awesome floor plan
  • So much space
  • Room to grow (no I am not having anymore kids but the point is if I wanted to I would have a place to put them)
  • Great kitchen
  • The kids like it
  • bigger master closet
  • bigger laundry room
  • nice garage
  • I can decorate without having to remodel
  • my family hangs out together more
  • it smells new (not for long i'm sure)
  • Deer (that one is for Justin) these are pets not for shooting!
  • friends close by
  • quiet (meaning off the busy road)
  • and most important it feels good here

Cons

  • No Pool!!
  • yard is not finished and no fence so my dog has to be on a chain when he is out side
  • 3 miles further to travel when I leave the house
  • missing closet space (except master closet)
  • my washer and dryer are on the wrong sides
  • SNOW!! I've heard the tales
  • I have to drive to my mail box
  • my cat has already been attacked
  • I don't love my light fixtures
  • my best friend moved north and I moved south (we usually meet in Provo/Orem area anyways so it probably wont change much but it just seems so far)

My mind has gone blank and that is all I can recall for now, sorry for the random post. This is one of those "I've been thinking" moments that no one but you really cares about but you tell them anyway, thanks for you patience.

5 comments:

. said...

phew, I saw that a "pro" was your friends being close by and thought bull crap!!! I'm not close by then I saw your "cons" and saw about your best friend moving north that better be me! Millissa

. said...

No it's me!

I'm glad we are so far apart. it saves me money...

nataliejustin said...

of course its you!!! and garrit you know you love me!!!

MELANIE said...

did you tape these lists to your wall in your bedroom?

nataliejustin said...

You are funny! and no, not yet:)