Friday, February 22, 2008

Little Punk!

To make a long story short Haylie and morgan have been grounded for not doing the things they should. I pretty much told them that they would do nothing they liked, nothing fun, and that life would pretty much be homework and chores until I decided that they were putting forth an effort. This comes at a good time because I am sortof in a cleaning and organizing mode, and now I have 2 employees. So yesterday after school Morgan came home and was asking to do stuff that she has clearly been grounded from. I reminded her that she is grounded and those things she was asking to do are privileges that she has not earned back. She went and did her homework and came back thinking she could now "have Privileges." I said no because we needed to go to her room and go through all her clothes to get rid of what is junky or what does not fit. This is a task that Morgan just loathes, she complains and whines everytime we have to do this. Well Morgan being Morgan without a flinch says "I love going through my clothes, it is so much fun, I really like it. I am so excited to do it.I cant wait," then she looks at me and smiles. I told her that it was a nice try, then I called her a punk. We cleaned out her closets and it was actually not bad. I had very little resistance and minimal whining. This little story is just a preview to what I have to look forward to.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Morgan is one of a kind - & what good parenting. Keep it up.

Sandra said...

I can totally picture her saying that.... :) Good luck!

. said...

Wow, you're a mean mom...

I'd make her go through all her clothes and store the ones that fit.

Then make her wear the ones that don't...

Tavis Johnson said...

She is smarter than your average adult:) You gotta love her!!-leslie