Thursday, March 19, 2009

Family Vegas Vacation

We took the kids on a little vacation to Las Vegas, we thought about San Diego but decided against driving toddlers that far and in Vegas we could also visit my Dad. So we found some of the very few family attractions that Vegas has to offer and ended up having a great time. This is Paige at the Circus Circus theme park. I took a picture of Drew with this scary clown the last time we were there and had to get one of Paige too.

Drew likes rides, he laughed and giggled on ride he went on. I don't think at 3 I was as brave as he is. He went on most things alone because he is the only one his size and had no problems. I loved watching him have a blast, I just wish I had a better camera to catch his expressions better.

This was the only kind of ride Paige was big enough to go on. She loved it though and we spent plenty of quarters on them. Maybe next time she'll be big enough to ride the big rides with Drew.

We went to the shark reef at Mandalay Bay. It was very cool, at the beginning of the exhibit you got a listening device and each tank had a number on it, so you'd type in the number and get all the info about what was in each tank, like a personal tour guide. Drew was really funny, I'd type in his numbers and he'd patiently listen then after say "Hey, Mom, Look its a ______" and tell me all about the fish or lizard or whatever. He's such a smart boy! The info he remembered was funny, it was fun to hear his perspective.

This is a jelly fish, I thought they were so cool so I decided to let you see it too!

Drew with his listening Device.

There was this big tank of Sting rays and a few other kinds of fish that you could pet, Drew and Paige were scared but the rest of us thought it was really cool. Some of them would actually play with you. There was a sting ray that would go swimming around the tank and when it would go by Morgan it would surface under her hand so she could pet him. Haylie wants to work there.

Then we went to this place called Bonnie Springs Ranch. Its an old ghost town that you ride on this little train to get there. Then they had some shops, a few goofy shows, and a petting zoo. The shows reminded me of Lagoons western shootouts, we were not able to watch to much because Paige is a turd but I was ok with it.

The kids loved the petting zoo. They had mainly farm animals and a few mountain animals, it was kind of a run down sort of place and I've never been happier to have a stuffed up nose.

My daughter, a saloon girl.

All my cute kids. It was a fun vacation the kids got to spend a lot of time with their dad and do somethings that they've never done before. Does any of my loyal readers have any Utah activity's for me to take my kids on during spring break?

0 comments: