Monday, May 3, 2010

Hurricane 5k and1/2 marathon

On April 24th we went to Hurricane to participate in our last runners series race. Justin and I did the 5k and Victor, Brent, and Yolanda did the 1/2 marathon. Justin took 2nd place in his age division (35-40) :) so he was the only one of us that got a medal. I personally just did not want to come in last:) and I was not last so it turned out to be a great morning. After the 5k Justin and I went and picked up all the kids so they could watch the 1/2 marathoners come in. While we were waiting I got this cute picture of Justin with Paige and Drew.

Then Justin made me get my picture taken with the kids.
Victor the speed racer had finished by the time we got back with all the kids. He had another great race and had just ran a different 1/2 marathon the week before.

Yolanda did an excellent job. I had just turned away from the finish line and she ran in. I missed the finish line shot but this is a 1 min after the finish line shot.

Then Brent came in and had also done a great job. Now we are all done with our runners series requirements and are set to do the St George Marathon, stay tuned, we'll see how it goes:)

1 comments:

Janet said...

Wow!!! You're all inspiring. And I love the pics - especially of you & the kids.