Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog worthy

I've been a super blogging slacker but we had an incident in our house that I felt was blog worthy and had to post it. This is my beautiful Paige. Last night Paige and Drew decided that Paige needed a haircut. I am still not exactly sure how it happened but I'll try to explain. Drew was sitting at my kitchen table doing home work. Paige always joins Drew when he is doing homework. She will color or do her own but she always sits with him. This homework required scissors (child scissors), normally that is not a problem. My kids had been hyper all day and they were goofing off while doing homework. I was in the kitchen making dinner and after a bunch of "settle down" "relax" "do you homework" "knock it off" 's he finished. I knew they had scissors and I knew they were goofing off but he had papers to cut. I never thought for a second that their goofing off involved cutting hair. After he left the table he took the scissors into my room. When he walked out I saw that he had them and immediately took care of the problem, or so I thought. I said "give me those, you don't run with scissors" (being the safety mom that I am:)) took them from him and continued to fix dinner. All of that happened in less than 5 min. So then we go to set the table and notice hair all over the floor right by where they were doing homework (none in my room). From what I gathered they were both involved in the actual cutting and it happened right by where I was. I still have no idea how I missed it but I did. After a lot of yelling, crying, and grounding, I took some pictures.

This is a before shot.

This is the saddest shot ever

This is while it was being fixed

And this is the finished product. So cute. It could of been so much worse.




2 comments:

KatandBlue said...

Pagey-Pagey-wa-wa!! That is such my worst fear for Zayla! Page does look cute but so, so, traumatic!! I am glad you both survived. Definitely blog-worthy!!!

Madisen Johnson said...

You should of posted the pic of her hair creation before they fixed it!